12.28.2007

Made an essence soap

Our chemical experiment this time was making an essence soap. We had three kinds of oil can chose, that were olive oil, coconut oil, pork oil. Our team decided to use the olive oil to make our essence soap. However, it was not very favorably during our experiment. We had that be brewed almost one hour, but it didn't have any chemical reflection at all. The reason of our problems was that our temperature was not high enough so the chemical reflection was not processing anymore. When the TA told us about our problem, our experiment had processed for a long time. We felt very anxious and flurry that we were really afraid that our soap would not appear. Fortunately, after I raising the temperature our soap finally appeared. I felt release at that time. Feeling happy that we had the thing to hand on to our teacher. Although I was glad that I had an essence soap to use, the basicity of our soap was too strong. It made my hands crimpled. This was an empressed experience among all of my chemical experiments.

No comments: